- The new LaserPerformance collegiate Z420 has been designed to insure the future success of collegiate sailing through the collaborative efforts of many college coaches including Adam Werblow, Zack Leonard, John Mollicone, Greg Wilkinson, Mitch Brindley, Joel Hanneman, Justin Assad, Bill Healey as well as sailing industry designers, experts and racers such as Pete Levesque, Matt Braitsch, Rob Brooks, Ched Proctor and many others. Their work is evident in each and every innovation that the Z420 brings to the water.
- The results are distinctly evident when you sail the Z420. The team was able to shave 50lbs from weight of the existing C420 SCV and still make the hull 40% stiffer– so the levels of performance have completely jumped off the charts. The Z420 is also eminently more seaworthy because of its larger, enclosed, air-tight, forepeak which provides a higher level of safety.
- Study the detail that has been included in the Z420: an integrated bow bumper, a keelson that is angled to account for the human factors involved in roll tacking, side tanks that have been angled to improve crew comfort and increase internal air volume, an angled and reinforced centerboard trunk cap for strength and ergonomics, increased radii in all corners to increase strength and rigidity of the structure and much more. Working with college coaches has also guaranteed a “turn-key” product!
- LaserPerformance has completely modernized its construction techniques in building the Z420. The hull and deck employ a modern laminate schedule that utilizes a ballistic core for both stiffness and durability. The Z420’s keelson is a solid closed cell foam structure that is “insert molded” in place when the boat is manufactured. Utilizing the infusion process, the Z420 has a solid backbone giving it strength from stem to stern. It is built to endure.
- The Z420 looks as good as it sails! The elongated and flattened foredeck, angled seat tanks, bespoke hardware, distinct color combinations and graphics all work together to complete the package. You wouldn’t want to be caught dead sailing anything else.
- The Z420 utilizes the infused molding process. What this means is that the molds are closed during the manufacturing process thus keeping volatile organic compounds, or greenhouse gasses, from escaping into the atmosphere. Additionally the resins used in the hull and deck are metered out so that each hull has the same amount of resin resulting in a consistent product and less wasted raw material finding its way to the landfill.
- Length - 13'10"
- Beam - 5'6"
- Draft - 3'
- Mainsail Area - 80 sq ft
- Jib Area - 30 sq ft
- Hull Weight - 215 lbs
Buying Your Next Boat From West Coast Sailing
We proudly represent 8 of the best manufacturers of small sailboats in the world. Our boat selection is second to none, with approximately 80 small sailboats in stock at any time. Our staff of dinghy sailors works hard day in and day out to provide the best service and support you’ll find anywhere in the business. Here are a few reasons why sailors choose to work with us:
- Service – Your 100% satisfaction is our goal and we’ll work hard to meet your expectations.
- Selection – 40+ models of sailboats available from 8 of the best manufacturers.
- Experience – Nearly 10 years of working with sailors across North America.
- Logistics Capabilities – Dedicated shipments, LTL, and more at affordable rates.
- Knowledgeable Staff – Dinghy sailors on hand to answer all of your questions.
- Apparel and Accessories – Full selection of the best gear for the dinghy sailor.
- Rigging Assistance – Stop by, give us a call, or send an email for all the help you need.
- Long Term Support – We’re here for the long term and hope to serve you for years to come.
Reach out to our team anytime at Boats@WestCoastSailing.net or (888) 884-5536.