The Most Popular Dinghy Ever
- Lightweight fiberglass construction
- Self-bailing cockpit
- Storage space in the back of cockpit
- Easily car-toppable
- Mainsheet ratchet block
- Lateen-rigged sail automatically de-powers when hit by a gust of wind
- Variety of sail colors available
- All white race sail has a window near the tack of the sail allowing the lower boom to be cinched right down close to the deck and still have visibility
- Sail easily attaches with plastic sail rings, which are replaced with sail ties similar to an Opti on the race version
- New rudder and daggerboard are made from Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP)
- Patented kick-up rudder for effortless beach launches, landings, and shallow-water sailing
- New aluminum tiller and extension
- Race version lower boom comes with two clam cleats, which allows an outhaul and cunningham to be rigged giving great control the shape of the sail
- Further control of the sail shape can be a achieved by turning the end of the halyard into a makeshift vang (see Sunfish Tips, Tricks, and Tuning Guide for how to do this)
- The gooseneck also has a quick-release on it to allow you to shift the sail plane fore and aft effectively raking the mast
Buying Your Next Boat From West Coast Sailing We proudly represent 8 of the best manufacturers of small sailboats in the world. Our boat selection is second to none, with approximately 80 small sailboats in stock at any time. Our staff of dinghy sailors works hard day in and day out to provide the best service and support you’ll find anywhere in the business. Here are a few reasons why sailors choose to work with us:
- Service – Your 100% satisfaction is our goal and we’ll work hard to meet your expectations.
- Selection – 40+ models of sailboats available from 8 of the best manufacturers.
- Experience – Nearly 10 years of working with sailors across North America.
- Logistics Capabilities – Dedicated shipments, LTL, and more at affordable rates.
- Knowledgeable Staff – Dinghy sailors on hand to answer all of your questions.
- Apparel and Accessories – Full selection of the best gear for the dinghy sailor.
- Rigging Assistance – Stop by, give us a call, or send an email for all the help you need.
- Long Term Support – We’re here for the long term and hope to serve you for years to come.
Reach out to our team anytime at Boats@WestCoastSailing.net or (503) 285-5536.