Exciting double hander with trapeze and gennaker – developing a truly international class raced worldwide. Fun times are assured in the states with a mixture of couples and friends involved from coast to coast.The hull volume and controllable rig create a wide competitive weight range and fast, comfortable sailing – in a boat that is quick to rig and user friendly afloat. The brilliant combination of speed, handling and racing whilst being comparatively easy to sail makes it universally popular.
Speed and Handling
- Light, stiff and easily driven - the RS500 delivers truly exciting performance with remarkably easy handling.
- Every element of the boat has been worked on to add performance, make the boat easier to sail, reduce complication and streamline production.
- The uncluttered and spacious cockpit is class leading in its comfort for adults and young sailors.
- Low transom design makes climbing aboard after capsize easy.
- Pivoting centerboard and rudder make launching and recovery safe and easy.
Fun to Sail
- Quick to rig - easy to own - fast and a blast
- The clear cockpit and user friendly performance mean the RS500 will be equally at home blasting along the beach as it is on the race track.
- The hull design, cockpit ergonomics and rig size result from extensive R & D and allow the RS500 to be ideal for sailors across a broad weight range so the RS500 suits both men and women. The whole family can enjoy a piece of the action.
- Two sail size and spec options allow you to gear the boat according to your size and experience.
- Additional trapeze lines for double trapeze excitement
Built to Perform
- Light - stiff - strong
- GRP composite is essential to provide the stiffness to weight ratio to create the RS500s crisp, responsive feel and performance.
- No other material can produce the same results for a boat in this sector
- "The RS500 looks and feels like a winner. It is a statement about our undiminished passion to offer the best boat in each sector - truly The Sailor's Choice"
- Tapered aluminum alloy mast for gust response and rig tip efficiency, better speed and handling.
- Mylar XL spec mainsail and jib for light weight, low stretch and top performance.
- Dacron S spec (smaller) mainsail and jib for low stretch, ease of use and durability - perfect for training centers.
- Compression strut vang gives masses of space in the forward part of the cockpit for efficient, run through, crewing.
Buying Your Next Boat From West Coast Sailing
We proudly represent 8 of the best manufacturers of small sailboats in the world. Our boat selection is second to none, with approximately 80 small sailboats in stock at any time. Our staff of dinghy sailors works hard day in and day out to provide the best service and support you’ll find anywhere in the business. Here are a few reasons why sailors choose to work with us:
- Service – Your 100% satisfaction is our goal and we’ll work hard to meet your expectations.
- Selection – 40+ models of sailboats available from 8 of the best manufacturers.
- Experience – Nearly 10 years of working with sailors across North America.
- Logistics Capabilities – Dedicated shipments, LTL, and more at affordable rates.
- Knowledgeable Staff – Dinghy sailors on hand to answer all of your questions.
- Apparel and Accessories – Full selection of the best gear for the dinghy sailor.
- Rigging Assistance – Stop by, give us a call, or send an email for all the help you need.
- Long Term Support – We’re here for the long term and hope to serve you for years to come.
Reach out to our team anytime at Boats@WestCoastSailing.net or (888) 884-5536.