The 2.3 Wide can be sailed sedately by two average sized adults or as a sporty little racer by a single sailor. As with the 2.3 Single, the sailor's weight low in the boat enhances stability, but the Wide having narrow side decks needs the solo sailor to move their upper body weight to windward to keep the boat dry in breezy conditions.
With the same simplicity of rig and steering, and security of ballasted centerboard and roller reefing, the 2.3 Wide is an ideal entry level craft for clubs and schools, and as a family fun boat craft as it can be comfortably handled by two small children, an adult or child, or their grandparents.
- Hull has positive buoyancy & heavily rockered for easy maneuverability.
- Strong construction with solid bonded hull to deck joins.
- With the seat keeping the sailor’s weight low plus ballasted centerboard, the boat is virtually uncapsizable.
- Reefed and un-reefed by a single hauling line.
- Mainsail controlled by a manual mainsheet.
- High boom is kept well away from sailors head.
- The boat, mast and boom fit neatly and easily onto standard car roof bars.
- No hiking out necessary.
- Available in 7 different colours with a coloured flash on the sail for easily distinguishable fleet sailing.
- So simple and stable almost anyone can use these boats.
- Extremely comfortable, nimble and above all great fun.
- The Hansa 2.3 is an ISAF Class with regular National, Continental and World Championships.