Designed in New Zealand, the Weta is a boat that one person can easily manage on their own - from rigging to sailing in a blow - yet still enjoy performance sailing. There are minimal control lines and it is quick and easy to rig from scratch by one person. Today the Weta is used in an incredibly versatile way - ranging from top one design racing, family day sailing, a sailing resort boat and for adult and children learn to sail. There are over 1000 boats in active use worldwide.
Modern Design and Build
The continued success of the Weta allowed the shift of production to world class dinghy builders XPS in Singapore. With a strict one design rule in mind, Weta Trimarans has improved the overall build quality of each boat. Sailors will be blow away with the quality and attention to detail found in every Weta.
Supporting Weta Sailing on the West Coast
West Coast Sailing is the West Coast USA regional distributor for the Weta Trimaran. We stock new boats, sails, parts, and accessories, and work with class organizers to support events and regattas. The 2015 regatta schedule is below.
2015 Events Schedule
- March 7-8 - St Francis Spring Dinghy
- April 11-12 - Richmond Big Dinghy
- April 18 or 26 - San Diego Long-Distance Cruise (Mission Bay to San Diego Bay, around Pt. Loma)
- May 2-3 - StFYC Elvstrom-Zellerbach Regatta San Francisco
- May 23-24 - Whiskeytown Lake Regatta (memorial day weekend)
- May 30-31 - Santa Cruz Multihull Regatta
- June 6-7 - Scott's Flat Lake (Nevada City)
- July 18-19 - Alamitos Bay Multihull (Long Beach) or Hog Island (Inverness)
- June 20-21 - Ventura Weta Camp/ Summer Sailstice Ventura
- July 4-5 (tent) - Island Adventure - Ventura to Santa Cruz Isl. or Marina del Rey to Catalina
- July 25-26 - CGRA Dinghy Inv. WEST COAST CHAMPS '15 Cascade Locks, OR
- July 25-26 (tent) - Island Adventure - Ventura to Santa Cruz Isl. or Marina del Rey to Catalina
- Aug. 15-16 - Santa Barbara Wine and Roses
- Sept. 12-13 - Weta Swarm - Oceanside, San Diego, Dana, San Pedro? Location TBA
- Sept. 19-20 - Richmond Totally Dinghy
- Sept. 26-27 - Richmond Multihull Regatta
- Oct. 24-25 - St. Francis Fall Dinghy
- Dec. 6 - Richmond Mid-Winters #
For additional information on events and general Weta activity, please visit the North American Class website.