- Big and powerful with an excellent blend of speed and maneuverability.
- Light and stiff foam sandwich construction -> maximum transfer of power from the rig.
- Open transom gives a virtually self draining cockpit and the molded auto bailer quickly removes remaining water.
- Ergonomic cockpit design for comfortable hiking.
- Toe straps adjustable for both height and reach.
- Thwart gives the crew a comfortable light wind position.
- Wide hull allows leverage to be generated equally by both sailors
- The interior layout is simple and efficient.
- Pivoting centerboard and rudder mean the boat can be raced in any estuary and make launching easy.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils.
- The light weight Proctor mast uses a section especially developed for the RS400. Bend is controllable using a deck level screw and adjustable spreaders.
- Rake and sideways bend are further instantly variable via the jib halyard led back to the crew.
- High quality sails are the result of long development hours in front of a computer and on the water.
- Both main and jib are fully battened to stabilize the shape, reduce flogging and extend their competitive life.
- Perfect match between the mast and mainsail give exceptional power control.
- Asymmetric spinnaker - easy to use, fast, fun and highly tactical.
- Bowsprit can be canted to windward, allowing the RS400 to sail very fast at virtually any downwind angle.