- Designed by Vitali Design and BIC Sport
- Manufactured of thermoformed polyethylene, the rotomolded construction is highly durable, maintenance free, and 100% recyclable
- 100% self-draining open cockpit
- Chine-bilge design allows the boat to heel and remain balanced on the bilge, creating greater stability on both sides. This design also turns the hull into the wind immediately upon capsize
- Fast, planing hull
- Integrated carrying handles
- Standard rig includes a 4.5 sq meter, full roach, fully-battened, clear mylar mainsail that opens easily in strong gusts
- A 3.8 sq meter, fully-battened, dacron mainsail is also available for smaller sailors
- The O'Pen Bic hull also easily accommodates an Opti sprit rig and sail, allowing young sailors to use a rig they are familiar with, but also experience the fun of a planing hull.
- The epoxy mast is light and reacts easily to various wind conditions
- Shaped daggerboard
- Kick-up rudder is very easy to handle
O'Pen Bic Class
- Hardware mounted on automatic snap-hooks, allowing for quick and easy set-up time
- Cunningham tackle
- Mainsheet tackle
- Ratchet Block
Buying Your Next Boat From West Coast Sailing
- ISAF formally recognized the O'pen Bic Class in 2007
We proudly represent 8 of the best manufacturers of small sailboats in the world. Our boat selection is second to none, with approximately 80 small sailboats in stock at any time. Our staff of dinghy sailors works hard day in and day out to provide the best service and support you’ll find anywhere in the business. Here are a few reasons why sailors choose to work with us:
- Service – Your 100% satisfaction is our goal and we’ll work hard to meet your expectations.
- Selection – 40+ models of sailboats available from 8 of the best manufacturers.
- Experience – Nearly 10 years of working with sailors across North America.
- Logistics Capabilities – Dedicated shipments, LTL, and more at affordable rates.
- Knowledgeable Staff – Dinghy sailors on hand to answer all of your questions.
- Apparel and Accessories – Full selection of the best gear for the dinghy sailor.
- Rigging Assistance – Stop by, give us a call, or send an email for all the help you need.
- Long Term Support – We’re here for the long term and hope to serve you for years to come.
Reach out to our team anytime at Boats@WestCoastSailing.net
or (888) 884-5536.