The puff of wind hits and the Hobie Mirage Tandem Island’s leeward ama chisels into the water, its efficient, square-topped mainsail immediately translating increased wind speed into extra boat speed.
The Tandem Island’s two-piece carbon-fiber rig minimizes weight aloft—thus stiffening the ride—and both cockpits are fitted with steerage and sail-handling controls, allowing sailors of all abilities to share the experience. Best yet, the Tandem Island is equipped with enough hatches and on-deck stowage for multi-day escapes. This is Hobie’s ultimate blue water hunter, capable of marlin-teasing trolling speeds.
Buying Your Next Boat From West Coast Sailing
- Two MirageDrives with Turbo Fins
- Twist and Stow Rudder w/ Large Sailing Blade
- Adjustable High Back Padded Seats w/ Inflatable Lumbar Supports
- Fully-Retractable, Kick-Up Centerboard
- Patented Roller-Furling Sail with Battens
- Two-Piece Carbon Fiber Mast
- Deck-Mounted crossbars
- Easily Retractable and Removable Amas
- Two 2-piece paddles w/ On-Aka Storage
- Dual Steering Controls in Front and Rear Cockpits
- Dual Rudder Deploy and Retract Controls in Front and Rear Cockpits
- Two Molded-In Rod Holders
- Rear Cargo Compartment with Bungee Tie-Downs
- Large Bow Hatch
- Three Twist and Seal Hatches (patent pending) w/Gear Bucket
- Four Mesh Stowage Pockets
- Four Cup Holders
- All Lines and Hardware Plus Harken Blocks
We proudly represent 8 of the best manufacturers of small sailboats in the world. Our boat selection is second to none, with approximately 80 small sailboats in stock at any time. Our staff of dinghy sailors works hard day in and day out to provide the best service and support you’ll find anywhere in the business. Here are a few reasons why sailors choose to work with us:
- Service – Your 100% satisfaction is our goal and we’ll work hard to meet your expectations.
- Selection – 40+ models of sailboats available from 8 of the best manufacturers.
- Experience – Nearly 10 years of working with sailors across North America.
- Logistics Capabilities – Dedicated shipments, LTL, and more at affordable rates.
- Knowledgeable Staff – Dinghy sailors on hand to answer all of your questions.
- Apparel and Accessories – Full selection of the best gear for the dinghy sailor.
- Rigging Assistance – Stop by, give us a call, or send an email for all the help you need.
- Long Term Support – We’re here for the long term and hope to serve you for years to come.
Reach out to our team anytime at Boats@WestCoastSailing.net
or (888) 884-5536.