We are here to serve you! When you have any questions regarding products, what to wear, shipping, returns, payment, or you just want to ask a general sailing question, give us a call or send an email. Our store is staffed exclusively by dinghy sailors, so we can help!
Our store hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm PST, and Saturday 10am-5pm
Toll Free: 1 (888) 884-5536
International: +1 (503) 285-5536
- Privacy & Security
- International Ordering
- Returns & Exchanges
- Store Directions
Privacy & Security
- Our website is fully secure and compatible with the latest SSL certificate technology so you can be confident that your information is safe. We will never share your information, e-mail, phone number or anything with any third party. We won't send you any promotional emails unless you sign up for our newsletter.
- Our website is the best place to find our full selection of products, options, sizing, and item details. A one-page checkout ensures you spend less time filling out information and more time sailing! In addtion, by creating an account you can save your billing and shipping information for future orders. We make every effort to ship in-stock products within one business day of recieving an order and will contact you right away with any anticipated delays or issues with shipping.
- Looking for advice or would rather just talk to someone? Feel free to give us a call during business hours (503-285-5536) or send an email. Our team is here to assist with taking orders, answering questions about product, making recommedations and helping with any other needs you may have.
- For questions related to International orders, please see the next section.
- That's right, we ship orders internationally! Our fullfilment team has shipped orders all over the world to customers near and far. To make your shopping experience simple as possible, please review the follow tips and common questions to ensure your order arrives properly.
- Shipping Method - We use the U.S. Postal Service for international shipping. By default, our web store will provide a quote for USPS Priority Mail at time of checkout for orders shipping outside the U.S. Typical transit time is 7-10 days. Please also allow 1-3 days for customs clearance, depending on where we're sending your items. Please ensure your shipping address is correct to avoid delays. Shipping charges for undeliverable packages are non-refundable unless there has been an error by West Coast Sailing.
- Customs/Duties/Taxes - There is no sales tax charged by West Coast Sailing. International customers are responsible for any and all applicable duties, taxes, and customs fees associated with the importantation of goods to your country. West Coast Sailing provides a commercial invoice and all paperwork needed for customs clearance officials on the packaging. We cannot adjust invoices to reflect lower retail costs or modify in any other way.
- Visiting the United States? If you are visiting the U.S. we can ship to your hotel or other commerical or residential address via our standard domestic shipping options. We understand that your time of stay may be limited, so placing an order earlier rather than later will ensure your items arrive on time. Please feel free to make use of the comment field during checkout or simply send us an email. We're more than happy to be accomodating of your needs - we just need to know what they are! Typical transit time to the East Coast is 5 business days, SoCal and Midwest in 3 business days.
- Payment - We accept all major credit cards and PayPal. Please note we cannot ship until payment is collected, and issues with payment will delaying shipping. To avoid delays, please confirm that your card is approved for an international trasaction prior to placing your order.
- Backorders - While we strive to keep parts in inventory for immediate shipment, items do from time to time become backordered. In cases where one or more items on your order are out of stock, our customer service team will send you an email with an ETA for the item(s) and ask if you would like us to wait to ship complete or ship the order with just the in stock items. Split shipments may incur additional shipping charges.
- Check Your Email - Due to time zone differences our customer service team will contact you via email for any issues related to your order, typically within one business day of placing the order. Please check the email address you provided during the order process for updates and issues which may require your attention.
- We accept all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We also accept PayPal for web orders.
- Payment is collected at the time your order ships. If your order is partially shipped, we won't collected payment for items we were unable to ship.
- Free Shipping - West Coast Sailing offers Free Shipping on most domestic orders over $20.00. Generally speaking, if your order is over $20.00 and can fit in a UPS truck, we will ship it for free! We use both UPS Ground and the Postal Service to send packages near and far. We ship orders under $20.00 for a flat fee of $5.00. Please note that we do not profit from shipping and attempt to pass on cost savings whenever possible.
- There are a few items we can not ship for free:
- Hobie Cat Products - We are contractually not allowed to offer free shipping on Hobie products. Most Hobie Cat orders ship for around $5.00 via USPS or UPS Ground, with the exception of oversized items. The webstore will quote UPS and USPS shipping methods for Hobie orders at checkout.
- Expedited Orders – We can ship most orders Next Day, 2 day or 3 day air with UPS. We do not profit on shipping and will help subsidize your expedited shipping fees by paying a portion of the actual cost. When placing a rush order, it's always good to call to confirm shipping price and delivery time frame. If you need expedited shipping on a web order, please leave us a comment in the Order Comment field and we will contact you to confirm details and cost. We ship tons of packages and have very good rates for expedited orders.
- International Orders – These usually ship USPS Priority or Express and are quite reasonably priced. Size and content restrictions vary from country to country. We'll check to insure compliance with shipping regulations. Our webstore will quote a shipping cost via USPS based on items and destination. If you encounter problems in this process, send us a quick email and our team will resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
- There is no tax charge by West Coast Sailing. However, international customers will be responsible for any applicable import duties, fees, or taxes.
- Oversized Items – Certain items are too big to ship via UPS or USPS, including masts & booms, most trailers and some other items. We are still able to ship oversized items, but where applicable, the webstore will clearly alert you to the possibility of any shipping charges. Our team will contact you to confirm cost and delivery time frame. Looking for a quote? Simply send us an email and we'll provide a shipping estimate for you.
- Boats – Boats do not qualify for free shipping. Typically, we bring boats to our warehouse in special dedicated shipments. There is usually a fee for this, though we work hard to keep it as low as possible. We do have the ability to ship some boats, but not all. If you would like more information on ordering a boat or having us ship one to you, please call for full pricing information. Boats@WestCoastSailing.net
Returns & Exchanges
- Your 100% satisfaction is our goal. If for any reason you have a problem with your product (sizing, color, wasn’t what you thought it would be, etc.) we will happily return or exchange it for you. Please contact us right away if there is a problem with your order or if products arrived damaged. You can find information on returns and exchanges below, or simply give us a call or send an email and we'll help guide you through the process.
- *Cut line, numbered sails, open DVD's, clearance items and products worn or used sailing, are not subject to exchange or return. Items noted as "special order" may incur restocking fees and will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Returns: Returns can be made within 30 days of purchase for full refund. Returns made outside 30 days will be issued store credit. Please include any packaging material along with a completed copy of our Return Form to make processing the return faster. Please allow 5-7 days for return processing and 1-2 billing cycles for credit to appear.
- Exchanges: Product exchanges can also be made within 30 days of purchase. Generally, the second shipment will occur upon receipt of the item to be exchanged. Please let us know if your exchange is time sensitive and we'll be happy to ship the correct product right away. We understand that every situation is unique and are happy to accommodate your needs. Exchanges will re-ship for free via our standard UPS Ground or USPS services. Please include a completed copy of our Return From and all original packaging material.
- Shipping of items back to West Coast Sailing is the responsibility of the customer. Please use the following address:
- West Coast Sailing Attn: Returns & Exchanges, 433 N. Thompson St, Portland OR 97227
- West Coast Sailing Return Form (PDF)
- 433 N. Thompson St., Portland OR 97227 (Click Here for Map)
- From North: I-5 South toward Portland. Take Exit 302A (Rose Quarter/City Center). Bear right onto N. Broadway and take 5th right onto N. Larrabee Ave. Merge onto N. Interstate Ave and turn right onto N. Tillamook St. at first traffic light. Follow Tillamook to first stop sign, turn left onto Kerby, and then right onto N. Thomson. Our shop will be on the left.
- From South: I-5 North toward Portland. Take Exit 302A for Weidler St (Rose Quarter/Broadway). Turn left onto NE Broadway followed by right on N. Larrabee Ave. Merge onto N. Interstate Ave and turn right onto N. Tillamook St. at first traffic light. Follow Tillamook to first stop sign, turn left onto Kerby, and then right onto N. Thomson. Our shop will be on the left.
- From East (Cascade Locks/The Gorge): I-84 West toward Portland. Continue onto U.S. 30 (I-5 North). Take first exit, 302A, towards Rose Quarter. Turn left onto NE Broadway followed by a right on N. Larrabee Ave. Merge onto N. Interstate Ave and turn right onto N. Tillamook St. at first traffic light. Follow Tillamook to first stop sign, turn left onto Kerby, and then right onto N. Thomson. Our shop will be on the left.